evolving skills during vertical slice production.
Thursdays episode of vertical slice sees my exploration of how Adobe Premiere works and an attempt to streamline integration of my sources.
Previously, I used SnagIT to record a section of my screen as I scrolled down the page. This took a silly amount of time, was quite fiddly and is far from a smooth movement.
Instead, I simply grabbed the webpage as a jpeg and cropped it down to a reasonable size for dumping into my sources.
Once in there, I turned to the effects panels and began playing around with the settings and figured out how keyframing works.
I was quite surprised at how such a simple thing can really improve not only the production quality of the project; but also made my life so much easier – not only can I do this with webpages, but it allows me to bring in various images and give them a bit of life too.
However, in the mini-euphoria of figuring out these effects, I had to remain mindful of not going “star-wipe” crazy and sprinkle them all over the damn thing. I’m hoping that the end result is much improved… I still need to tackle the issue of lighting tho, something that is going to require a bit of smart investment unfortunately.